Weight Loss and Physical Fitness

Any recreational activity or form of entertainment goes here!

Re: Weight Loss and Physical Fitness

Postby twister » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:46 pm

Hips hurt side sleeping? How to wake up the right muscles so you can get to sleep.
Pain sucks. Life shouldn't!
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby surfsteve » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:30 am

surfsteve wrote:This is really fascinating!

Autophagy and Fasting: The Mystery Explained

Here's two videos in contrast with each other. The first one. if I am getting it correctly says coffee should not be taken while intermittent fasting and the second one says it's OK unless you are doing it for religious reasons and that it actually increases autophagy. Which one do you believe?

Bonus video: This makes sense. I seem to do my best when I don't go all out too often and keep it fun. Then I get too serious and instead of getting better I burn myself out. Guess it seems kind of obvious sitting her writing that I shouldn't be doing that. 20/20 hindsight is always easier than foresight.
How To Work Out Smarter.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby tronagirl » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:28 am

New study says no exercise worse for your health than smoking, diabetes and heart disease
Well, duh! This is not exactly surprising...
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby surfsteve » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:35 am

I think like anything else there's a point where too much exercise is bad. I read that elite athletes have shorter life spans than normal people. There must be an optimal range. Most centenarians are quite active but I never heard of any of them being marathon runners or even close. If I had to take a guess I would say that as long as the exercise remains fun, like the guy in the Joe Rogan video said; that it's a good thing both physically and mentally. On the low end I noticed that If I don't exercise at all for a while I hurt just as much, perhaps even more than if I over do it. That can't be good either.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:29 am

Why The Biggest Loser Show Disappeared
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: Weight Loss

Postby CrustyOldFart » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:26 am

One thing about weight loss videos that I've noticed is that they really don't provide any info that isn't already commonly known to most anyone over the age of ten. The other thing is that those that promote gimmicks are a waste of time. Lots of interest in the topic and so lots of people make videos about weight loss, but nearly all such videos are complete crap.
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby surfsteve » Tue May 28, 2019 6:12 am

I did not know that trans fats went by serving size. This means that if the serving is small enough, like with non dairy creamer, companies can claim to be trans fat free even though they are loaded with the stuff.

The ONLY Fat That Can Cause Insulin Resistance
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby tronagirl » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:44 am

Weight Loss App Aimed At Kids And Teens Sparks Controversy
This is an excellent tool which can help kids learn about the importance of proper diet. People who complain about making this app available to children are a huge part of the problem when it comes to childhood obesity and let's face it, childhood obesity is an enormous problem and literally is an epidemic. People who enable childhood obesity are basically abusing children by making them more likely to be fat and out of shape instead of thin and healthy.
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby panamint_patty » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:11 am

World Health Organization: Teens not getting enough exercise, increasing health risks
Too much time spent playing video games translates into less physical activity. Nothing surprising about that.
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby ergot » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:57 pm

THOUGHT CRIME ALERT
The food industry wants to encourage over-eating and so it has become politically correct to pretend that fat people are healthy and attractive. I'm not buying into any of that bullcrap and neither is Mark Dice:
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to Recreation and Entertainment