Generational Differences

Any recreational activity or form of entertainment goes here!

Re: Generational Differences

Postby tronagirl » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:16 am

Smart doorbells are definitely popular and lots of people use their phones to say "here" like they say in the video, but I don't think it's just millennials that do these things. I know people in all age groups that do both, but I think older people go with the smart doorbells more than millennials and that millennials probably use their phones more than older people, but it's not an either/or kind of situation.
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby surfsteve » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:32 am

I installed a smart doorbell last week but the internet is so slow and unreliable that the person would walk away before it rings on my phone if it even connects at all. Also you are unable to distinguish between the doorbell and a text so I took it down and went back to a normal wireless doorbell. My decision in doing so had nothing to do with generational differences.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wildrose » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:02 am

surfsteve wrote:I installed a smart doorbell last week but the internet is so slow and unreliable that the person would walk away before it rings on my phone if it even connects at all. Also you are unable to distinguish between the doorbell and a text so I took it down and went back to a normal wireless doorbell. My decision in doing so had nothing to do with generational differences.

But could it be that the generation you belong to has influence on your receptivity to certain technologies? Whereas a member of another generation may have worked harder to make something work, you walked away after making a basic attempt to get the tech to work. Alternatively, perhaps you worked harder than a member of another generation would have. Possibly you even tried the tech whereas someone else wouldn't have. Or maybe you waited longer than someone from another generation would have. Members of different generations have different propensities ON AVERAGE towards or away from certain behaviors and although you may be an outlier, it is likely that the year you were born has a profound influence on your behavior.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby sandman » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:28 am

Baby Boomers' national impact | IN 60 SECONDS
Interesting points made, but the focus was on the negatives. Another 60 SECONDS video on the positives would be of even greater interest.
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Postby MojaveMike » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:29 pm

sandman: I'm not buying the basic premise of the video you posted. I'm not sure if it's actually Baby Boomers who are pushing for more regulations. Maybe it is so, but the impression I get is that all these moves to ban this and that have come from younger generations. I need a lot more evidence before I'll believe the assertions made in the video you posted!
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby twister » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:36 am

SAW THIS LIST OF GENERATIONS:
THE SILENT GENERATION: 1928-1945 (over 75)
BABY BOOMERS: 1946-1964 (over 55)
GEN X: 1965-1979 (over 40)
MILLENNIALS: 1980-1994 (over 25)
GENZ (aka iGEN): 1995-2012 (over 7)
GEN ALPHA: born after 2013
(Never had I heard of Gen Alpha before and I've seen different year spans for the other generations.)
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby alf » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:46 pm

New study: Millennials care less about patriotism, religion, and family
I think most people nowadays care less about those three things than was the case decades ago.
ALF = Alien Life Form
alf
Greenhorn

Postby CrustyOldFart » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:05 pm

Millennials are having less sex than any generation in 60 years
Usually young people are eager to have sex. Too much soy must be lowering testosterone levels or something. There's gotta be an underlying reason!
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Re: Millennials ARE WIMPS

Postby sandman » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:37 am

Crusty: Defnitely too much soy. It lowers the testosterone and turns males into soy boys. Not all millennials have turned into wimps, but it's more prevalent amongst millennials than with any other generation.
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Postby recluse » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:57 pm

The Boomer Inquisition Questions Conan - CONAN on TBS :roll2:
Not into avacado toast? YOU MUST BE A BOOMER!!!!
recluse
Backcountry Hiker

PreviousNext

Return to Recreation and Entertainment