Going Postal

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Re: Going Postal

Postby surfsteve » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:57 pm

This link starts you at 22 minutes in, which is the time they start talking about Dorner and comparing him to the Waco incident. The main difference I see is that they allowed the media to video Waco.

http://www.democracynow.org/2013/2/15/f ... co_to_move
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:01 am

This latest article says Dorner died from a self inflicted gunshot wound to the head. This guy was nobody's hero. If he cared about exposing the corrupt and unfair system beyond his own selfish needs he would not have taken his own life nor killed innocent people for the crime of being related to someone that wronged him. As far as I'm concerned this was corrupt cop justice vs corrupt cop justice and he lost. Good riddance! It was more like a battle from a street gang. Definitely not one representing the collective needs of society. Chris Dorner. Thanks for waking us up, you scumbag. Burn in hell!

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/15/us/califo ... ?hpt=hp_t1
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:02 pm

CNN - Weighing Dorner's complaints about LAPD
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby cactuspete » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:36 am

Pundits praise cop-killer
I think everyone agrees that what Dorner did was wrong, but I think a lot of people understand that you can only push someone so far before they will do something irrational. Dorner was pushed too far by a corrupt system and I blame the corrupt system for what Dorner did. If the system respected Dorner's rights and treated him fairly, then none of this would have happened.
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby panamint_patty » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:19 pm

Terry Pratchett's Going Postal (Sky One Trailer)
Not exactly the same thing...
:shrug:
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wildrose » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:22 am

3 Marines Dead at Marine Base in Quantico, Virginia
First of all, if a killer were trying to rack up a high body count it would seem that a marine base would not be the place to do it. Secondly, it's not clear from this report why this guy decided to murder anyone, but in the end he killed two people plus himself.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby cactuspete » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:03 am

Justice for Women Shot by LAPD in Dorner Manhunt?
Here's a follow-up to my previous post (Sat Feb 09, 2013) in this thread. It's a little off-topic, but it's not worth starting a new thread for. It looks like the women who were shot will receive a settlement of $4.2 million. That's without even going to court. If they went to court they'd most likely win quite a bit more, but the process might take a year or two.
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby shadylady » Tue May 28, 2013 7:10 am

Red Flags That May Have Prevented Oregon School Bombing :bomb:
Close call up in Oregon. Not sure what this kid was upset or discontent about. Possibly all he wanted was to set a record for the most destructive school bomb plot. It's hard to say. He had all the materials ready to go and he had asked friends to film the event. Not sure what kind of parents he had, but they failed to notice that their little boy was stockpiling a huge amount of explosive material in the crawl space beneath his room. I wonder if anything would have been left of the family home if the boy had somehow managed to accidentally detonate his stockpile.
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby panamint_patty » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:14 am

Tweets give insight into school shooter
Sounds like it was over a gf. Parents probably shouldn't allow dating until kids are emotionally mature enough to handle the drama. Probably somewhere around 16 would be the right age. Kids should concentrate more on school and parents should relieve them of the pressures associated with dating and relationships by simply forbiding such activity. Sure kids will break the rules, but by forbiding the behavior they have to keep it much more low key and therefore much less serious and volatile.
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby camel » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:43 am

Haven't heard the term GOING POSTAL for awhile. The term was used at one time whenever some crazy nutjob or angry disgrunted a-hole shot up a bunch of unsuspecting people just going about their business. Not so much anymore. I suppose the term applies more to workplace violence, but when it comes to that sort of thing postal workers deliver to almost all places and so the term could still apply. I wonder if any of the recent shooters in the news were mailmen.
Would you walk a mile for me?
camel
Cantankerous Mule

PreviousNext

Return to News and Issues