Dinosaurs of Rock 'n' Roll

Any recreational activity or form of entertainment goes here!

Re: Geriatric Rockers

Postby sandshark » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:42 pm

Based on the title I thought this thread was about rocking chairs for old folks. Turns out I was wrong. It's about ancient rock stars.
:laugh:
Some of them still do a good job playing the tunes. Nothing like a little nostalgia!
sandshark
Greenhorn

Postby shadylady » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:18 am

After four decades, Black Sabbath tops U.S. album chart
I heard part of one of the songs and it doesn't sound all that great. It does sound similar to some of their old stuff. Remember "Iron Man" and Paranoid"? It sounded a bit slow and clunky to me, but apparently someone likes it!
:cool2:
Veteran heavy-metal band Black Sabbath landed its first No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 album chart on Wednesday, more than four decades after the rockers debuted their first album in the United States. "13," the 19th studio album from Black Sabbath, sold 155,000 copies in its first week, according to figures from Nielsen SoundScan, knocking last week's No. 1 album by Queens of the Stone Age off the top spot on the weekly U.S. album chart.

shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby MojaveMike » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:43 pm

Mick Jagger celebrates his 70th birthday
Happy Birthday Mick!!! :thumb:
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby tronagirl » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:47 pm

Moves Like Jagger (Explicit)
This is almost like a tribute to Mick Jagger. Old clips of him are thrown in a lot. Mick Jagger is a total OGILTF!!!
:laugh:
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Re: Moves Like Jagger

Postby CoolChick » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:19 am

tronagirl: I saw that Charlie Manson is getting married and he's eighty. As far as old guys I'd like to fool around with, I think I'd go with Mike Jagger. He's 71 years old and has a net worth estimated at $305M. Manson has a certain undeniable charisma and he's never been short on groupies despite the fact that he's in prison, but as far as I'm concerned, Manson ain't no Jagger.
CoolChick
Cantankerous Mule

Postby James Sel » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:10 pm

We have lost so many stars (celebs ect) this year 2016 both young and old. Which makes me want to make a prediction before the year is over.
I predict that Keith Richards will survive 2016.
James Sel
Cantankerous Mule

Postby whiskeypete » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:24 am

Quite a few famous musicians have died in 2017. Some I can think of include Glen Campbell, the lead singer of Linkin Park, Chris Cornell, Chuck Berry, Al Jarreau, Walter Becker from Steeley Dan, and Gregg Allman. There were a bunch who kicked the bucket in 2016 too. None of this should be at all surprising since wave after wave of baby-boomers are going on to meet their maker and since most of the people on the list would qualify as baby-boomers.
whiskeypete
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby MojaveMike » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:58 pm

whiskeypete wrote:Quite a few famous musicians have died in 2017. Some I can think of include Glen Campbell, the lead singer of Linkin Park, Chris Cornell, Chuck Berry, Al Jarreau, Walter Becker from Steeley Dan, and Gregg Allman. There were a bunch who kicked the bucket in 2016 too. None of this should be at all surprising since wave after wave of baby-boomers are going on to meet their maker and since most of the people on the list would qualify as baby-boomers.

You can add Tom Petty to the list. Can't say I was a big fan, but he did have a few cool songs. Very simple songs, but nice.
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: Dinosaurs of Rock 'n' Roll

Postby BallaratBob » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:38 am

The Beatles - Paperback Writer
Believe it or not, this was released yesterday!!! They all look so young! Hard to believe that three out of four of them are no longer alive.
BallaratBob
Fleabitten Varmint

Re: Dinosaurs of Rock 'n' Roll

Postby recluse » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:29 pm

Queen - All Dead, All Dead Lyric Video (Hybrid Version)
The song inspired by death of childhood pet.
recluse
Backcountry Hiker

PreviousNext

Return to Recreation and Entertainment