World Naked Gardening Day

Share info or tips or ask questions about Desert Gardening here. Suggest plants which do well in harsh desert conditions!

Postby tronagirl » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:44 am

Sounds like a wonderful activity for a local church to sponsor! :laugh:
World Naked Gardening Day (WNGD) is an annual international event celebrated on the first Saturday of May by gardeners and non-gardeners alike. WNGD has become an annual tradition that celebrates weeding, planting flowers and trimming hedges in the buff. While it’s linked to a movement of nudists who promote wholesome and unashamed acceptance of the human body, the day is meant to be funny, lighthearted and non-political, founders say.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Naked_Gardening_Day
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Re: World Naked Gardening Day

Postby tronagirl » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:46 am

Lots of great advice! BTW, it's celebrated on the first Saturday of May each and every year!
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby shadylady » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:33 am

tronagirl: Funny video. The woman in that video strung together just about every relevant punny comment she could come up with. As for me, I think gardening in the nude is something everyone should do now and then. It's only natural!!!
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CrustyOldFart » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:28 am

shadylady: I'm not a big fan of Saline Valley Hot Springs simply because I don't like to see people nude. It's not that I think there's anyting immoral about prancing around in the raw, I just find it distasteful. It also makes me a little bit uneasy to interact with someone who is undressed. Again, I don't look at nudists as immoral, I just don't like them imposing their nakedness upon me. So, if someone wants to garden in the nude in the privacy of their own backyard and they have fences which block the view of their backyard, then more power to them. Otherwise, they should keep their clothes on!
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby whiskeypete » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:34 am

Yes, I'm in favor of people leaving their clothes on, but have nothing against nudity per se, I just don't want to see most people nude. Don't get me wrong, some women are attractive without clothing, but for ninety-nine percent of the population clothing covers up the ugly!!!
whiskeypete
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby dilbert » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:23 am

CLOTHING COVERS UP THE UGLY: Yes and a mask or paper bag helps a lot also. I'm not a big fan of nudists. They tend to leave skidmarks wherever they sit! Seriously, if the good lord meant for us to walk around in the raw he wouldn't have invented clothing! Adam and Eve wore clothes in the garden of eden, didn't they? Otherwise doesn't that make the beginning of the bible a little bit risque?
dilbert
Lonesome Miner

Postby tronagirl » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:47 am

I won't be participating, but I don't want to discourage anyone else from participating. If people want to garden in the raw, let them do so! And why restrict such activity to just one day a year? Our society freaks out too much over nudity! You don't have to look like a movie star to be comfortable with your body and no one should do anything to make you feel anything but good about your body, naked or clothed!
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby dzrtdwg » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:45 pm

"I wanna dip my balls in it!"
And gardening in the raw makes it so much more convenient! :banana:
dzrtdwg
Lonesome Miner

Postby tronagirl » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:37 am

dzrtdwg: That's just wrong! Wrong, but funny. I'll give you credit for digging up that old clip from a couple decades ago. BTW, my favorite Louie skit was a parody of the Last Supper. Funny! Funny! Funny!
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby MojaveMike » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:29 am

All you naked gardeners out there: I wish you a warm Naked Gardening Day and urge you to be careful when using any sharp gardening tools. When unable to use protection (clothing in this case), always exercise a great deal of caution!
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Next

Return to Desert Gardening Tips