TJUSD DRAMA: Rodeo Clowns, Mean Girls, and Mumbles

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: Survivor (American TV series)

Postby MojaveMike » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:54 am

It's not uncommon for young people to want to emulate the lives of the stars they admire. A little drama and some cheap theatrics add excitement to their otherwise pointless and boring lives. That they would engage in a game which targets and victimizes others is completely unacceptable. Anyone allowing this or enabling this in any way should realize the seriousness of what is going on.
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby twister » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:02 am

At first when I saw the name of this thread I was like :wtf:
But then when I started reading I realized what people were talking about. It's the same stuff as on Facebook (aka, Fakebook). I could give a lot more details, but I'd be violating policy and so maybe I'll just give a few hints about what I know to be happening at the school and when I say school from what I can tell this stuff mostly involves people at the elementary school and not the high school. The group identified as the "mean girls" consists of a few young teachers, a couple office workers, a few paraprofessionals, and a small group of parents. They envision themselves as a bunch of woke individuals and have become what could be called a gang. They even have a couple gang gestures or hand signals or ways of greeting each other. It's pathetic, but like I said, they see themselves as woke or hip or with-it. The connection to the Survivor TV show has been mentioned several times on Fakebook and they even brag about having taken out one teacher last year and that they have others in their sights. The part about them having the principal in their back pocket has been mentioned a few times on Fakebook and their was even the suggestion that a sexual favor had been performed on at least a couple occasions with lots of supporting details to make that seem like a real possibility. How much of this is true is impossible to say. It could just be people letting their imaginations get out of control, but it sounds like most of it is probably true.
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby ergot » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:46 pm

torn80 wrote:What I heard from my wife is that the school is expecting financial hardship in the near future and that there may be layoffs. Employees, community members, and even school board members have favorite employees they want to keep and non-favorites they want to get rid of. This game of "Survivor" that is being played involves employees, community members, and board members is highly illegal. It also creates a hostile workplace environment and those in charge should not enable, encourage, or allow that type of situation to develop. Most of all they should be very careful not to become involved. That could cost the school millions!

Here's a good video that might help people recognize what's going on. Although, based on what my wife told me and what I've read here, what is going on at the school might be seen as a game by the participants, all the aspects of workplace mobbing are present:

This type of situation could get very expensive. It's like a lawsuit (or several lawsuits) ready to happen. I'm amazed that anyone would be stupid enough to engage in this kind of behavior.... oh, but wait.... this is Trona we're talking about and so I probably should not be too amazed.
:smack:
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wildrose » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:51 am

The Meanest Girl in Second Grade
It's never okay to be a bully, but it's utterly disgusting when someone still acts that way as an adult!
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby desertrat » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:21 am

defcon wrote:Total Drama Island Geoff's Elimination
Total Drama Island is a parody of Survivor. In this episode the other campers "eliminate" the nicest guy since they consider him to be the most attractive and desirable person on the island and therefore getting rid of him reduces the competition. It's what might be called a "strategic" move on their parts.

In the workplace it's all about job security for some people. A group of incompetent and inexperienced workers ganging up on someone who is competent and experienced is not at all surprising especially when the economy is bad. People will do some pretty contemptible things when they perceive a threat to their livelihood and they'll sometimes go to great lengths to make room for a friend. Low IQ people tend not to progress to higher levels of moral reasoning and so rather than basing their moral choices on high-minded concepts such as fairness and justice, they just do things that benefit themselves and their friends.
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby drdesert » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:41 am

desertrat wrote:Low IQ people tend not to progress to higher levels of moral reasoning and so rather than basing their moral choices on high-minded concepts such as fairness and justice, they just do things that benefit themselves and their friends.

Low IQ people are also more susceptible to cognitive distortions as we see with the social justice movement where the concept of justice has been twisted around to mean taking money from people who worked hard to earn it and giving it to lazy schlumps who deserve to be in prison.
drdesert
Lonesome Miner

Postby pcslim » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:24 am

I had never seen any clips from this show until after reading through some of the posts to this thread. I felt the need to see what it was all about and so I watched portions of three YouTube clips. I'm amazed that anyone would waste time watching such trash. It's hard for me to imagine anyone that stupid and the idea that someone would actually attempt to live this out in the workplace in real life is absurd and beyond contemptible!
:smack:
pcslim
Lonesome Miner

Postby dzrtdwg » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:36 pm

These people need to get a life! Putting people through hell for your own amusement or sense of conquest? That's just ridiculous and on top of that doing this in a public school environment? That's just crazy! It just goes to show how immature people can be even after they become adults!
dzrtdwg
Lonesome Miner

Postby ergot » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:27 pm

Different People Emulate Different Fictional Presentations
Take this example from South Park where kids playing "Lord of the Rings" make fun of kids playing "Harry Potter." This "Survivor" show seems kind of wimpy compared to lots of other shows or movies which could be emulated.

People playing "Survivor" might want to be careful since they could met up with someone playing "A Fist Full Of Dollars." Some people play for keeps.
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby BoraxBill » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:17 am

ergot: I think that's what's known as a clash of paradigms. When a group of "Survivors" try to play the "Survivor" game with someone playing "Clint Eastwood", the "Survivors" aren't likely to survive very long. Not everyone is a good sport, especially when they are forced to participate in a game they didn't sign up for!
BoraxBill
Lonesome Miner

PreviousNext

Return to Local News