Crazy School Board Members

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: Crazy School Board Members

Postby deathvalleyjake » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:32 am

Is your school board dysfunctional?
Some things to think about in this article.
LINK: http://www.osba.org/Resources/Article/Board_Operations/Is_Your_School_Board_Dysfunctional.aspx
deathvalleyjake
Cantankerous Mule

Postby drdesert » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:49 am

tronagirl wrote:One of the current school board members used to tell boys to "TIE IT IN A KNOT!" back when she was a school bus driver and they needed to use the restroom. She had quite a reputation and there were all sorts of suggestions that she had a PMS problem and that she was possibly psychotic. She would sometimes go off into a rage over the slightest thing on bad days. It's likely that now as a postmenopausal female that her mood swings have evened out, but my guess is that she still has some underlying psychological issues.

panamint_patty wrote:tronagirl: She's definitely a crazy lady and there are some interesting stories about her antics as a school bus driver. Was she psychologically unstable? No one knows for sure, but....

:bow: Classic!
drdesert
Lonesome Miner

Postby twister » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:04 am

SMSD Board of Education - Teacher Resigns in Front of Board Meeting
Lots of schools are dysfunctional and bad leadership is usually the issue. When idiots are in charge, bad things happen.
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby ergot » Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:11 pm

I posted this to the "Trona Football (The Pit)" thread awhile back:
ergot wrote:
torn80 wrote:
twister wrote:
JanuaryJones wrote:shadylady: What do you mean? When have degenerate, drunk retards ever behaved in such a manner as to embarrass this town at a high school sporting event? Sadly, the answer is way too often! For that matter a few of our coaches have managed to behave rather badly. I could list a few examples if anyone is interested!

There are a few stories about coaches who have made Trona look bad as the result of a little temper tantrum of one kind or another during or immediately following a sports event. One story I heard involves a current board member. I'll refrain from adding any details, but if anyone is so inclined....
:poop:

A friend told me the details of that story a few years ago. It wasn't just embarrassing. It involved an official CIF sanction! Talk about the last person on the planet that should be on a school board!
:smack:

Well.... maybe not the last person who should be on the school board. Perhaps she's not exactly someone who has the temperament to be a good school board member. Perhaps she has done things in the past which should cause people to question her qualifications. Perhaps she has made bad decisions in her life and perhaps she is too quick to see the flaws in others without doing anything about her own more serious flaws. But -- and I know I'm going out on a limb here -- a CIF sanction isn't exactly a felony.
;)
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby BoraxBill » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:26 am

ergot: What you say may well be true, but it just goes to show that Trona scrapes the scum off the dirty gas station restroom wall when it comes to appointing board members!
BoraxBill
Lonesome Miner

Postby MAGA » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:26 am

tronagirl wrote:One of the current school board members used to tell boys to "TIE IT IN A KNOT!" back when she was a school bus driver and they needed to use the restroom. She had quite a reputation and there were all sorts of suggestions that she had a PMS problem and that she was possibly psychotic. She would sometimes go off into a rage over the slightest thing on bad days. It's likely that now as a postmenopausal female that her mood swings have evened out, but my guess is that she still has some underlying psychological issues.

Seems like every school has a crazy bus driver. I've encountered a few. It was probably worse "back in the day," but driving a bus full of kids is enough to drive just about anyone crazy!
:crazy2:
STOP THE STEAL
MAGA
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby panamint_patty » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:32 am

The Man Who Trolled a School Board
Trona needs a Steve Rocco. He'd be an improvement over any of the current members, some more so than others!
:laugh:
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby drdesert » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:26 am

No discipline for Coweta school board member who attended Trump rally in DC
So what? She attended a political rally? Who cares? Was she part of the group that behaved inappropriately inside the capitol building? Nothing was said about that. She has every right to attend a rally and to voice her opinions about the election. There is nothing "baseless" about questioning the integrity of the 2020 presidential election. There are tons of inconsistencies which call the results into question. Nothing in this news report provides any basis for removing her from office. This is just a bunch of people with Trump derangement syndrome demonstrating their derangement.
drdesert
Lonesome Miner

Postby mrfish » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:28 am

School board members have the right to attend political rallies and to express their political opinions in public. They can even express unpopular opinions. That's just basic freedom of speech. The same applies to public employees and the same should apply to employees of private companies. Punishing people for expressing their opinions is unconstitutional and is a form of discrimination. There should be serious consequences for harassing someone for expressing an opinion no matter how unpopular. As long as there are no personal attacks or slanderous assertions or direct appeals to break the law, people should be able to say whatever they want.
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby deathvalleyjake » Sat May 01, 2021 7:59 pm

Parents Oust Tyrannical School Board and Hold New Election On the Spot
This is dumb and funny at the same time. Obviously this is nowhere even close to being a legal election, but these people are so worked up that they go through this little sham election to make themselves feel better. No doubt that lots of school board members are worthless, but something tells me that the people in this crowd wouldn't be much better.
deathvalleyjake
Cantankerous Mule

PreviousNext

Return to Local News