Food Is Weird

Share info or tips or ask questions about Desert Gardening here. Suggest plants which do well in harsh desert conditions!

Re: Genetically Modified Foods

Postby surfsteve » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:24 am

Maybe most Californians are too stoned to care what's in their food but Ziggy Marley is not and his music is featured playing in the background throughout this 3 minute entertaining video featuring dozens of movie stars demanding "I have a right to know what's in my food" when it comes to GMO's.

Wow. Chevy Chase got old. Too many GMO's or is it those glasses?
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:29 am

Here is the latest update on prop 37 & GM Food between Jeffrey Smith and Jeff Rense.
Was it merely lies that defeated it or was there vote fraud too?

Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wildrose » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:27 am

I've seen quite a few deceptive political ads these last several weeks. The one's against prop 37 are pretty bad, but the ones recommending prop 32 are even worse! There should be laws against false advertising which apply to political ads. These people are telling outright lies in order to trick the public into voting in a way that only an idiot would choose to vote. On the one hand I agree that people should be skeptical enough not to believe the lies, BUT I also believe that those telling the lies should be fined and/or jailed. Free speech is one thing, but obvious lies is something entirely different!
:soap:
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby MojaveMike » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:27 am

wildrose wrote:I've seen quite a few deceptive political ads these last several weeks. The one's against prop 37 are pretty bad, but the ones recommending prop 32 are even worse! There should be laws against false advertising which apply to political ads. These people are telling outright lies in order to trick the public into voting in a way that only an idiot would choose to vote. On the one hand I agree that people should be skeptical enough not to believe the lies, BUT I also believe that those telling the lies should be fined and/or jailed. Free speech is one thing, but obvious lies is something entirely different!
:soap:

It's called fraud!
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Genetically Modified Foods

Postby cactuspete » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:27 am

xyz
xyz
z
:wtf:
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:27 am

Paraphrasing Hitler: If you want people to believe a lie, don't tell a little one. Tell a whopper. And stick to it! I don't understand why it works. Apparently it just does.

http://foodfreedomgroup.com/2012/10/24/ ... us-famine/

http://www.thecommonsenseshow.com/2012/ ... -citizens/
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Was that really Danny DeVito?

A diverse, all-star cast including Danny DeVito, Emily Deschanel, Glenn Howerton, Kaitlin Olson, KaDee Strickland and Kristin Bauer van Straten, impersonate scientists at leading biotech firms speaking their "subconscious minds" about why the general public should just trust them and not fight for mandatory labeling of genetically engineered foods (GMOs).
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby pcslim » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:27 am

Prop. 37: Genetic food labels defeated
I'm not one of those people who obsesses over genetically modified foods, but I like to know what I'm eating!
:curse:
About 70 to 80 percent of processed foods sold in the United States are made with genetically engineered ingredients such as corn, soybeans, sugar beets and cottonseed oil. The seeds for these crops have been genetically altered in the lab to make them more resistant to pests and invasive weeds. But proponents of Prop. 37 said research shows the risks of eating genetically engineered foods range from allergies to organ damage. They also contend that because weeds are rapidly becoming resistant to the genetic formula of these plants, more herbicides are being used.

LINK: http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Prop-37-Genetic-food-labels-loses-4014669.php
pcslim
Lonesome Miner

Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrfish » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:27 am

Genetically-Modified 'Frankenfish' to Appear in U.S. Stores
Federal guidelines don't even require that the fish be labeled as genetically modified and so you won't know if your fish is natural or a mutant!
:conf2:
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Next

Return to Desert Gardening Tips