PETA Commercials and NUDITY

Any recreational activity or form of entertainment goes here!

Re: PETA Commercials

Postby BoraxBill » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:39 am

'Ag Gag' Bills Target Hidden Cameras
Normally I'm pretty much opposed to PETA and organizations like PETA, but this is a case where I'm on their side. States which criminalize these investigations show a total disregard for the welfare of animals and that is something I find intolerable. My guess is that if a case where someone was prosecuted under a state law for this kind of thing went to the Supreme Court, that the state law would be over-turned.
BoraxBill
Lonesome Miner

Postby cactuspete » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:45 am

McDonald's - 'And Yet, Is Not Beef Itself An Expression Of Wanton Lust?' :dizzy:
The Onion transforms the typical Micky D's commercial into something that would make PETA proud!!!
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CactusHugger » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:38 am

Nice post CACTUSPETE! I'll be sure to watch this video next time I get the urge to eat at a place that serves burgers. The problem is I'm not sure if it will increase my urge to consume the flesh of animals or simply sicken me! LOL
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Postby MojaveMike » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:36 am

Just Another Controversial American Apparel Ad 'Made In Bangladesh'
I just plain don't see anything wrong with nudity in commercials or magazine ads or on billboards. Okay, maybe on billboards it's a bad thing since it might distract drivers, but other than that it's all good as far as I'm concerned. On the other hand, people who complain about nudity in commercials are extremely annoying and I'm thinking that maybe there should be an ordinance which requires them to STFU!!!!
:dizzy:
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: PETA Commercials and NUDITY

Postby whiskeypete » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:38 am

MojaveMike: I agree with you one hundred percent! I'm just not seeing a downside to nudity providing that it involves an attractive woman! I don't want to see males or fat women or any of that kind of thing. I understand that some people are into a nudist lifestyle and that's all fine for them, but when it comes to ads or commercials that I have to view the only nudity that's fit for viewing is that of an attractive woman! Period! End of discussion!
whiskeypete
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby CactusHugger » Sat May 31, 2014 1:45 pm

Scout Willis Goes Topless In NYC To Protest, Uh, Something (NSFW)
I think the important thing is that she's nude, not that she's protesting anything. BUT there is some sort of mass topless protest planned for sometime during the summer. I think they said it was in New York, but I wouldn't be surprised if other topless rallies will be help throughout the country.
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Postby cactuspete » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:44 pm

USA: See PETA activists get NAKED in NYC anti-SeaWorld protest
Two partially naked women in a bathtub? Can't we do any better than this?!! :roll2:
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby cactuspete » Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:52 am

Holy Femen! Topless activist snatches baby Jesus from Vatican at Christmas
My favorite part is the constable wearing the cape chasing down the naked lady running away with the baby Jesus doll!
:laugh:
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby desertrat » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:11 am

Germany: Watch half-naked PETA activists protest Berlin Fashion Week
These ladies look like they're pretty cold, which is to be expected since it is winter and they are wearing practically nothing. This half-naked kind of protest though isn't all that impressive. I think that if they were serious that they would have went all the way. It's not like they would have been any colder!
:laugh:
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CactusHugger » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:07 pm

GoDaddy's 'despicable' puppy ad pulled from Super Bowl
No nudity, but this news story does involve animal rights activists and a commercial. I actually found the commercial pretty funny. Apparently animal rights activists suffer from humor deficiency syndrome. I'm just not feeling any outrage, but I did enjoy a few chuckles!
:thumb:
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

PreviousNext

Return to Recreation and Entertainment