Ban Bitches

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Ban Bitches

Postby MojaveMike » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:48 am

Ban Bitches
The Ban Bossy campaign is another one of those half-witted attempts to ban a word in hopes of making some kind of statement or changing behavior or promoting some other narrow-minded social cause. Banning words is stupid and this campaign is completely misguided. Women at this point in history are more than equal. They have privileges that deprive men of basic rights. I won't go into that, just watch the freaking video for starters!
What do Beyoncé, Condoleezza Rice & RAMZPAUL have in common? They've committed to ban the word bossy.

MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: Ban Bitches

Postby wildrose » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:10 am

Being bossy is a bad habit whether a child is male or female. Oddly enough I've heard boys called bossy just as often as I've heard girls called bossy. (And I'm a retired school teacher who taught primary grades.) Children should learn that being bossy is not a good habit and that people who become leaders are not bossy. Leaders are people who communicate well, who know how to compromise and negotiate, and who are able to help other people. As a female I may not like certain words, but I agree that banning words is the wrong tactic to take when trying to improve society. However, the word BOSSY is a good word to use when it comes to teaching children how not to behave towards other children. I'll even go so far as to say that BOSSY BITCHES do not help to improve society in any way. It's quite reasonable to assert that they are counter-productive and probably should learn how to keep their mouths shut and to treat other people with respect instead of attempting to force other people to treat them with respect which they don't deserve!
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby desertrat » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:32 am

Commercial Promoting Ban Bossy
This is a PSA (pretty stupid ad) produced by the Lifetime network. It's horrible, but some of the comments people left prove that there is still intelligent life left on this planet:
Such utter drivel. (50)

Trying to build people up by censoring particular words is just ... sad and pointless. Another word will simply get the negative connotations. (68)

I think they should all just get laid and calm down. Let's be honest, only one of the women on here is likely to have had an orgasm in the last 30 years. And Beyonce's only here because she'll get behind any stupid feminist shit. (4)

Aren't you being BOSSY by trying to ban the word bossy? (44)

What is America coming to???? This is what they spend their time doing??? Trying to band the word bossy. I will be calling out all Bossy hoes from now on because of this dumb ass commercial!! I can't believe the first lady is apart of this shit! (18)

I never used to call women "BOSSY" but now I'm gonna start. Can't they find intelligent women to fight for women rights? (32)

censorship is for people that can't handle living in a free society. (4)

Isn't this showing that women are 'weaker' than men because they need a word banned in order to be able to get into leadership positions that men are able to get normally?.. This campaign is absolutely idiotic. I'm sure it will have a bunch of blind feminists supporting it though. Awesome. (6)

So when are they going to ban 'creep' and 'weirdo'? When are they going to push for raising men's self-esteem?  (7)

(Number in parentheses is thumbs ups given to comment.)
Literally almost every comment left in response to this video was negative towards the video. Such a stupid campaign. Such amazing stupidity!!!
:smack:
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrgreen » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:45 pm

BAN BOSSY? HOW BOSSY! :dizzy:
This video is pretty funny. He completely annihilates this whole ban bossy bs!!! He goes on and on and rambles a little too much, but there are lots of funny parts throughout the video.
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby cactuspete » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:55 am

Feminist Control Freaks Want to Ban the Word "Bossy" :roll2:
Apparently the people in Alex Jones' organization want to blame it all on transnational corporations. They say that feminism is a top-down tool for the establishment to promote cultural Marxism, to create thought criminals, and to police language. I kind of doubt that it's all that complicated. Conspiracy theories get a little elaborate and my theory is that a bunch of airheads had a stupid idea and got all excited about it and came up with an idea for a campaign which then got the backing of some companies that thought it would be good publicity. Hopefully everyone involved winds up regretting that they got involved, conspiracy or not.
:whack02:
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby pcslim » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:26 am

Ban Bossy? How About Stupidity
Negative stereotypes holding women back? I don't think so. It's campaigns like this that are the problem!
:wall:
What I don't get is how did such a stupid person as the lady who started this campaign become a millionaire? I guess it proves that it's all a matter of luck and not a matter of merit in our society.
:shrug:
I PLEDGE TO USE THE WORD BOSSY MORE OFTEN FROM NOW ON!!!!
:laugh:
pcslim
Lonesome Miner

Postby cactuspete » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:52 pm

Feminist Forks GitHub
Trigger warning? Interesting concept. Apparently those who suffer from various forms of hysteria must be protected from events, images, etc. which might elicit some kind of intensely negative feelings. In this case the concept of a meritocracy is the trigger. There is so much stupidity in the world today. This guy cuts through the BS and gets to the reality of the issue.
:wall:
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby shadylady » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:43 am

Being bossy is an extremely bad habit and it's a good way to make sure that nobody likes you and that people will stab you in the back the first chance they get, as well they should. It's sad that women who should know better fail to understand this. Control freaks are seldom successful people. There are a few that make it, but they made it despite the bad habit of being a bossy bitch, not because of it.
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CactusHugger » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:49 am

BAN BOSSY AND REPLACE IT WITH BITCHY!
I found the following quote left as a comment to a video. I left a link to the video, but didn't embed it since the video is pretty week. I like this comment though since it gets at the heart of what's wrong with the whole Ban Bossy campaign. Basically the suggestion is that bad behavior by females should be tolerated, which is just about the dumbest thing ever, but that's where our society is at right now. Feminists want to have their cake and eat it too. They want to be able to treat people like crap and then be recognized as victims should anyone happen to criticize them for acting that way. Hopefully people recognize the little bait and switch trick they're trying to pull here!
:smack:
Words like Bossy, Pushy or Stubborn are criticisms of someone who is insensitive to the needs and feelings of those she is bossing around. This campaign is geared towards young girls who show an insensitive or coercive nature in school, so that they are not discouraged from leadership roles. But such girls aren't deterred by criticism from their classmates. I think what they want is to teach boys in particular not to criticize any female in power. It's bad enough that female bullies in school aren't even acknowledged as such and now any criticism of their bad behavior is to be prevented. Even til the bitter end, even when they have power, feminists still want to hide behind the cloak of victimhood.

VIDEO LINK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQFqIaXMTeY
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Postby CrustyOldFart » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:20 am

I have nothing against banning bossy providing that we're talking about the behavior and not the word. The same thing goes for bitches. Nothing wrong with the words, but bitches and bossy people are not to be tolerated! And that goes double for bossy bitches!
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Next

Return to News and Issues