White Privilege (aka, INTELLIGENCE)

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

White Privilege (aka, INTELLIGENCE)

Postby mrgreen » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:40 pm

How not to get shot in the head by the police
I'm sick and tired of hearing about white privilege. The reason people are successful in life, regardless of their race, is that they know how to get along with people, have developed skills which qualify them for jobs, and take basic responsibility for their lives. People who fail to do this, regardless of their race, usually wind up complaining about their situation and usually blame others for their problems. Race is a cheap excuse for failure.
The essence of "white privilege" is being educated, being polite, and acting civilized. 

Last edited by mrgreen on Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Re: White Privilege

Postby cactuspete » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:39 pm

mrgreen: Nice post. You probably saw that I posted this in another thread, but this thread topic is perfect. I almost decided to start a new thread with this video, but couldn't figure out what to call it. I think you hit a bull's eye with this one. Perfect thread title!
:thumb2:
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrfish » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:48 am

The media is always talking about white privilege and rape culture and it's getting kind of old. There is no advantage to being white. It's all about how you act. As for rape culture that's just a term man-haters use to express their hatred for anyone who is male and fails to agree with everything they say. It seems sometimes that the media goes out of its way to demonize white men when we actually contribute more to society than any other demographic. I guess I should feel ashamed for doing so much for others!
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby shadylady » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:41 am

mrfish: I agree that both white privilege and rape culture are contrived concepts created and designed with the intent of manipulating public opinion in order to advance agendas of special interest groups. I think at this point that any woman and any person of any race has equal opportunity as compared with white men. In fact, if you're applying for many jobs in many parts of the country it's a huge disadvantage to be a white man and this is particularly true if you're under thirty. Good luck to those young white men who worked hard to get through college, who will be passed over for a job in favor of a much less qualified non-white person or a female. As an older female I don't benefit from any of this, but I have younger male relatives who will be treated unfairly because they are both male and white and this really does bother me.
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wildrose » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:27 am

ShadyLady: The irony is that us older females, who were actually at a disadvantage in the job market back when we first started working, will now be impacted in our retirement, since in many cases we have young white male relatives who now need financial assistance since they are having a hard time getting jobs. So, in a sense we are being re-victimized by a movement which purports to be working on our behalf! I'm in favor of a level playing field for all and I'd say we reached that point ten years ago and now young white males are being discriminated against. At least that's how it appears to me.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby panamint_patty » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:31 am

shadylady: Contrived concepts is a really good way of putting it. Neither white privilege nor rape culture are things which actually exist, but weak-minded individuals are convinced that they do when they hear the propaganda often enough. It's all about manipulating the minds of those too stupid to think for themselves or wicked enough to want to justify unfair actions against people who have done no wrong. Either way people need to activate their BS detectors and speak up whenever they hear this mindless dribble.
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrgreen » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:57 pm

Charles Barkley on race and gender :bigger:
I think Mr. Barkley has earned white privilege. He seems to get it. Behave like a civilized person and reap the benefits of being a civilized person. It's that simple!
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby a2z » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:52 pm

Chris Rock - How not to get your ass kicked by the police!
Basically, Chris Rock explains to black folk how they too can have "white privilege" and it's really not that complicated or difficult. Anyone can do it!
BEST YOUTUBE COMMENT wrote:Michael Brown must not have been a Chris Rock fan... Too soon?

Last edited by a2z on Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a2z
Cantankerous Mule

Postby surfsteve » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:19 am

There is no such thing as white privilege. There is only black privilege which goes by the name affirmative action.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby deathvalleyjake » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:34 am

Charles Barkley: He's the man, but I'm sure the thugs from dah hood question his blackness. But, yeah, he does seem to get it and more black leaders need to explain to the thick-headed idiots protesting about the Ferguson decision that it's all about being responsible for you're own behavior. M. Brown was practically begging to be shot. He even taunted Wilson by suggesting that Wilson was too much of a pussy to shoot him. It's amazing that anyone gives a rat's ass about such a pathetic and worthless thug!
deathvalleyjake
Cantankerous Mule

Next

Return to News and Issues