Christmas Cancelled

Any recreational activity or form of entertainment goes here!

Christmas Cancelled

Postby CactusHugger » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:29 pm

Christmas Cancelled: Why One Family Asked Santa to Stay Away
Taking Christmas away for a year might be a great way to teach the brats whose in charge, but it it really such a good idea?
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Re: Christmas Cancelled

Postby panamint_patty » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:55 am

CactusHugger: This mommy blogger certainly got a lot of publicity out of this stunt, but I doubt she'll actually follow through. Instead, she's probably already told the kids that they'll just have a late Christmas and that if they play along that they'll be well rewarded for going along with mommy's little publicity stunt. Hate to doubt her sincerity, but the kids are just a little too enthusiastic about their support for their mommy cancelling Xmas!
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby shadylady » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:48 am

Holidays from hell: Satanic Temple wins right to erect ‘fallen angel’ display in FL
I don't see anything wrong with people of all faiths and philosophies joining in on the holiday fun. I don't find Satanism any more offensive than Christianity! Both groups believe in a fantasy and I don't see why I should favor one fantasy (aka, group delusion) over the other.
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby James Sel » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:52 am

I wish the western civilization would cancel Christmas all together and be done with it. HO! HO! HO!
James Sel
Cantankerous Mule

Postby BallaratBob » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:47 am

Apparently this thread is where us scrooges complain about Yuletide festivities and I'm more than happy to join in. I hate shopping during December. All they play in stores are annoying xmas songs and so as far as I'm concerned people can take all this holiday season crap and shove it where the sun don't shine! Why is it that I always feel so much better after a rant like that! LOL
BallaratBob
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby CactusHugger » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:22 pm

No Gifts!
I think the lady blogger in the first post in this thread must have been inspired by this song! It might be a good idea for kids not to automatically get gifts just because it's Christmas. The lazy little rats should be required to earn them!
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Postby mrfish » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:46 am

CactusHugger: That song presents the idea in a way that I find a whole lot less annoying than the lady blogger. The song is presented with a sense of humor and the lady blogger just seems to be out to get attention. Like I said, she's just plain annoying!
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby MojaveMike » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:36 am

After all the work I've done purchasing presents Christmas had better not be cancelled! But if this is an early warning for next year, then I'm all for it! Hunting around for presents is a lot of work and I can think of a long list of things I'd much rather do. So, if Christmas is going to be cancelled next year, then just give me an early enough warning so that I don't waste time Christmas shopping!
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CoolChick » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:50 am

Extravagant Waste of Electricty!
Apparently these people didn't get the message about Xmas being cancelled, but I'm sure their next electric bill won't be cancelled!
:laugh:
CoolChick
Cantankerous Mule

Postby surfsteve » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:18 am

I've seen better right here in Pioneer Point!
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Next

Return to Recreation and Entertainment