TJUSD Board Meeting - October 13, 2016

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: TJUSD Board Meeting - October 13, 2016

Postby sandman » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:22 am

desertrat wrote:Spring Valley teacher accused of dragging student
Teenage piece of shit disrupts class, the teacher deals with the worthless punk, and the kid's retarded mom whines about her baby being roughed up. The kid ought to be placed in a juvenile detention camp and given some legitimately rough treatment and extremely harsh discipline. The mom is completely worthless and is the reason why the kid turned out to be such a waste of oxygen in the first place!

:laugh: Now tell us how you really feel... but in all seriousness, I agree completely. The mom needs to be slapped to her senses and the kid needs to stop being such a worthless punk. I notice that most of the comments made at YouTube were pretty harsh and against the kid and his stupid mommy.
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Postby dilbert » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:19 am

SCHOOL WANTS MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL BANNED
This is an interesting story which deals with the issue of how much control a school has over a student's online activities. This kid did wind up taking down the offending video, but he kept his channel up and he now has close to a half million subscribers. He also has over 66 million views which means that he has probably made about $66,000 off his videos. He might be making more than some of the teachers at his school!
ARCHIVED: https://archive.org/details/youtube-jlORgXdTs0k
Last edited by dilbert on Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dilbert
Lonesome Miner

Postby CrustyOldFart » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:19 am

dilbert: It seems to me that there is a pretty clear line between what is and what is not the school's business. If the kid took video at school and posted it on YouTube, then the school has the right to force the kid to take down the video. But that's about as far as it goes. After that the kid can do or say what he wants as long as he doesn't defame anyone. This kid seems to play it pretty safe that way and the school seems to know enough not to push things too far in his case.
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Previous

Return to Local News